Commitment to Confidentiality
I commit to you that what we discuss will be held in the strictest confidence and not shared with others. We will build an atmosphere of trust, respect, and encouragement. However, our discussions are not privileged for legal purposes. The privilege of confidentiality that exists for the clergy, therapists and attorneys is not granted to coaching professionals through the law. That means, life coaching is a confidential process between Coach and client.
Coaching Code of Ethics
As a coach, I:
1) Will refrain from unlawful discrimination in occupational activities, including age, race, gender orientation, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin or disability.
2) Will not make verbal and written statements that are not true and accurate about what I offer as a coach or the coaching profession.
3) Will accurately identify my coaching qualifications, expertise, experience, training, certifications and credentials.
4) Will strive at all times to recognize my personal issues that may impair, conflict with or interfere with my coaching performance or my professional coaching relationships. I will promptly seek the relevant professional assistance and determine the action to be taken, including whether it is appropriate to suspend or terminate my coaching relationship(s) whenever the facts and circumstances necessitate.
5) Will recognize that the Code of Ethics applies to my relationship with coaching clients, coachees, students, mentees and supervisees.
6) Will conduct and report research with competence, honesty and within recognized scientific standards and applicable subject guidelines. My research will be carried out with the necessary consent and approval of those involved, and with an approach that will protect participants from any potential harm. All research efforts will be performed in a manner that complies with all the applicable laws of the country in which the research is conducted.
7) Will maintain, store and dispose of any records, including electronic files and communications, created during my coaching engagements in a manner that promotes confidentiality, security and privacy and complies with any applicable laws and agreements.
8) Will honor an equitable coach/client relationship, regardless of the form of compensation.
9) Will ethically speak what I know to be true to clients, prospective clients or sponsors about the potential value of the coaching process or of me as a coach.
10) Will carefully explain and strive to ensure that, prior to or at the initial meeting, my coaching client and sponsor(s) understand the nature of coaching, the nature and limits of confidentiality, financial arrangements, and any other terms of the coaching agreement.
11) Will have a clear coaching service agreement with my clients and sponsor(s) before beginning the coaching relationship and honor this agreement. The agreement shall include the roles, responsibilities and rights of all parties involved.
12) Will hold responsibility for being aware of and setting clear, appropriate and culturally sensitive boundaries that govern interactions, physical or otherwise, I may have with my clients or sponsor(s).
13) Will avoid any sexual or romantic relationship with current clients or sponsor(s) or students, mentees or supervisees. Further, I will be alert to the possibility of any potential sexual intimacy among the parties including my support staff and/or assistants and will take the appropriate action to address the issue or cancel the engagement in order to provide a safe environment overall.
14) Will respect the client’s right to terminate the coaching relationship at any point during the process, subject to the provisions of the agreement. I shall remain alert to indications that there is a shift in the value received from the coaching relationship.
15) Will encourage the client or sponsor to make a change if I believe the client or sponsor would be better served by another coach or by another resource and suggest my client seek the services of other professionals when deemed necessary or appropriate.
16) Will maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality with all client and sponsor information unless release is required by law.
17) Will have a clear agreement about how coaching information will be exchanged among coach, client and sponsor.
18) Will have a clear agreement when acting as a coach, coach mentor, coaching supervisor or trainer, with both client and sponsor, student, mentee, or supervisee about the conditions under which confidentiality may not be maintained (e.g., illegal activity, pursuant to valid court order or subpoena; imminent or likely risk of danger to self or to others; etc) and make sure both client and sponsor, student, mentee, or supervisee voluntarily and knowingly agree in writing to that limit of confidentiality. Where I reasonably believe that because one of the above circumstances is applicable, I may need to inform appropriate authorities.
The information contained within www.coachingchaos.com web site is not a substitute for professional advice from persons such as a Medical Doctor, Psychiatrist, or counselor. The information provided by www.coachingchaos.com does not constitute legal or professional advice nor is it intended to be.
Diagnosing psychological or medical conditions is for trained medical professionals (Physicians and Therapists), not for a Life Coach.
Career Coaching is not a substitute for engaging the services of a CPA or Attorney.
Any decisions you make, and the consequences thereof are your own. Under no circumstances can you hold www.coachingchaos.com liable for any actions that you take. You agree not to hold www.coachingchaos.com, Conscious Chaos Coaching LLC, or any employees of www.coachingchaos.com and Conscious Chaos Coaching LLC liable for any loss or cost incurred by you, or any person related or associated with you, as a result of materials or techniques, or coaching, offered by www.coachingchaos.com.
Results are not guaranteed.
www.coachingchaos.com nor Conscious Chaos Coaching LLC holds no responsibility for the actions, choices, or decisions taken or made by the client.
The owner of and contributors to www.coachingchaos.com accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any harm – real or imagined – from the use or dissemination of information contained here..
If these terms are not agreeable, do not engage the services