What Your High School Student Needs to Know
What Motivates You?
- Social relationships
- Independent decision making
- Vocational interests
Real Life STATS
- The most current data from The Texas Education Agency reports that students in Grades 9-12 have a drop out rate of 2% – over 30,000 youths annually.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics did a Press Release on August 16th 2017 stating from April to July, the unemployment rate for youth ages 16-24 is 54.8%.
- According to a recent study by the Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Texas has the highest rate of repeat teen pregnancies in the country.
- The CDC also estimates that youth ages 15-24 make up just over 25% of the sexually active population, but account for half of new sexually transmitted infections that occur in the United States each year.
- Illicit drug (not including marijuana) use among 12th Grade students in the U.S. is at 14.3% according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
What you to today to protect your future can make the difference between living your dream or just living!
For more information on how Life Skills Coaching can help you protect your child’s future, submit the form below.